Post Treatment Instructions For Patients Receiving Laser Hair Removal Or Laser Skin Care Treatments.
- Immediately after the treatment, there may be a redness in and around the treatment site, which may last up to a couple days, but is usually subsiding within the first few hours. It is normal for the treated area to feel like a sunburn for these first few days.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chances of dark or light spots (damage) to your skin. Use a sunscreen SPF 30 or greater at all times throughout the course of treatment. This is not asking you to change your lifestyle, just be mindful it is not smart to get a sunburn or have over-exposure to UV rays from the sun or tanning beds.
- Anywhere from 2-30 days after treatment, shedding of the hair may occur and this may appear as new hair growth. This is not all new hair growth, but mostly dead hair pushing its way out of the follicle. You can help expel the hairs by gently exfoliating the area, with either a warm washcloth or exfoliating cleanser (only do this if the skin is the treated area is not irritated. Exfoliation of the skin is typically fine to do in just a few days after treatment.
Aftercare For Patients Receiving Laser Vein Reduction Treatments
- Patients that receive laser treatments for unwanted facial and leg veins should expect some redness in the treatment area during and immediately after their treatments. There can be some discomfort but it is typically very minimal and no down time is needed.
- We do not recommend doing anything strenuous like running or aerobic exercise right after treatment but normal day to day activities are completely fine. Most patients come in and do their treatments during a lunch-break and return right back to work as usual.
There can be some bruising (especially on leg treatments) but this is normal and should minimize over a couple of days post treatment.
- There are no creams, ointments or bandages needed after treatments due to how minimally invasive these treatments are.
If you have any questions or concerns about your aftercare that are not in this literature, we are always available by phone 757-321-0775, Monday-Friday 9am – 7pm. Our Doctor is committed to giving special attention to all of our patients and he never charges for consultations regarding pre-treatment and post-treatment care.